Friday, December 31, 2021

My God My Friend

In the beginning was the Word: and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things came to be, not one thing had its being but through him.
Jn.1:1-3

John's gospel starts with the proclamation of Jesus' divine role as co-creator of everything. Jesus is lord of everything, including time.

Jesus being creator and not a creation is important to know. It places everything under his domain which gives me surety that there can be no surprises.  It allows a Christian to make the bold claim that my best friend is creator of the universe. 

Today is New Year's Eve 2021. With Jesus I have no regrets for the past, no worries for the future. All is subject to him who is my best friend and who loves me. What sublime comfort I have today.

Jesus my God and my friend. Walk beside me today.


No comments: