Thursday, December 9, 2021

What a Friend I've Found

Alleluia, alleluia!
Let the clouds rain down a Just One,
and let the earth bring forth a Saviour.
Alleluia!

Today's Gospel Acclamation quotes Isaiah prophesying where our Saviour comes from. He is from  heaven and from earth. He is God and man.

Central to our Christian faith is the truth that Jesus is both God and man. He humanises God. God is not some distant deity, he is Emmanuel, God with us.

Jesus knows me, knows my struggles, knows my joys because he has experienced them. This helps me accept him as a friend, be intimate with him. He is a friend I want to introduce to others. He is a friend walking beside me into today. As Isaiah says in today's first reading, he is holding my right hand, I have no need to be afraid.

Jesus, I offer you my hand. Walk beside me today. With you I am no longer afraid.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: