Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Lifted

Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother, ‘You see this child: he is destined for the fall and for the rising of many in Israel, destined to be a sign that is rejected – and a sword will pierce your own soul too – so that the secret thoughts of many may be laid bare.’
Lk.2:34,35

Baby Jesus is presented at the temple by Mary and Joseph in fulfillment of Jewish law. Simeon is moved by the Spirit to prophesy over Jesus, saying that God the Father will use Jesus powerfully to reveal people's true thoughts and motivations.

Jesus still does that. When faced with his light of pure love we either turn away and remain in darkness or fall on our knees to confess and repent. There's no hiding, everything is laid bare. There is either falling or rising.

When I stop hiding from Jesus and let his light in, I am lifted up and start to shine. I see this in others as well. People of the light are great to be around. They shine and help show me the way. I choose to be lifted light for those I meet today.

Jesus, lift me up so your light may shine in me today.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: