Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Dinner's Ready!

You have prepared a banquet for me in the sight of my foes. My head you have anointed with oil; my cup is overflowing.
Ps.22:5

David's famous psalm extols the magnificent generosity of God. A victorious banquet is prepared for me celebrating a great and permanent personal victory. I have come home.

Today's first reading has Isaiah prophesying the Lord's banquet of fine wines and rich, juicy food. David's psalm has the Lord's banquet celebrating my victory. The Gospel has Jesus miraculously and literally providing a banquet for thousands. 

Hosting a banquet for someone is the greatest honour you can give them. This is what is being promised for me as a follower of Jesus. This is the wonderful event I am looking forward to, preparing the way for, this Advent. Halleluia!

Thank you Jesus for the banquet you are preparing for me. Help me be worthy to sit at you table.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: