Friday, December 10, 2021

What a Friend I've Found

‘For John came, neither eating nor drinking, and they say, “He is possessed.” The Son of Man came, eating and drinking, and they say, “Look, a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.” Yet wisdom has been proved right by her actions.’
Mt.11:18,19

Jesus accuses the crowds of unappeasable fickleness, always criticising and never satisfied. Yet, who he is is proven by his actions.

The crowd's criticism actually proclaims what Jesus came to do, be a friend of tax collectors and sinners. Thank you crowd! You have proclaimed what I constantly need to hear. Jesus is my friend, I am a friend of God. 

What a friend I've found
Closer than a brother
I have felt your touch
More intimate than lovers
Jesus, Jesus
Jesus, friend forever

Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.


No comments: