Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Walk in the Light

But if we live our lives in the light, as he is in the light, we are in union with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
1Jn.1:7

John is explaining the message the apostles were given; that God is light and in Jesus the darkness is taken from our lives by the forgiveness of our sins. 

Here's my problem and its solution. I am a sinful man and darkness tries to make its home in me. The solution is Jesus who is faithful and just in forgiving my sins and purifying everything that is wrong in me. 

Walking in the light is walking in joyful company with other believers who encourage and cheer me on. Thanks be to God for these light bearers in my life.

Thank you Jesus for the light you bring into my life. Help me be a light bearer to others I meet today.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.


No comments: