Sunday, December 5, 2021

Grab Hold of the Broom

A voice cries in the wilderness:
Prepare a way for the Lord,
make his paths straight.
Lk.3:4

John the Baptist is preparing the way for Jesus, fulfilling the prophecy of Isaiah by being a "voice in the wilderness" preparing the way for the Lord. This preparedness starts with repentance. 

I don't have to go out into a desert to experience a wild place, to experience wilderness. It's just out in my street, just around the corner. In a sense, it's right within my heart. That's where my preparedness needs to take place, in my heart. 

The best way to sweep out the rubbish in that part of my life is Confession. It's been a while. It's time to go...

Lord Jesus, I need a spring clean of my heart. Thank you Lord that your Church provides the broom. 
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: