Monday, January 3, 2022

Believe and Love

His commandments are these: that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and that we love one another as he told us to. Whoever keeps his commandments lives in God and God lives in him.
1Jn.3:23

John instructs on God's essential commandments, to believe in Jesus as the Son of God and to love one another.

This is a fairly simple game plan. The behaviour of a believer is to believe and love. Yet they change everything. I am no longer the center of the universe. Jesus is. Other people's happiness becomes more important than my own. My whole landscape is changed and changed for the better. Life is far more interesting and fulfilling. 

Today I will be intentional in behaving like a believer.

Lord Jesus, help me love those I meet today.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: