Tuesday, December 14, 2021

The Door is Open

Which of the two did the father’s will?’ ‘The first’ they said. Jesus said to them, ‘I tell you solemnly, tax collectors and prostitutes are making their way into the kingdom of God before you.'
Mt.21:31

Jesus has told the parable of the obedient and disobedient sons to the Pharisees. The son who changed his mind and did what the father requested is the one who receives the father's favour, despite his earlier disobedience. 

Jesus highlights that it's not their past that defines people, it's their present actions. Past disobedience is forgotten in the joy of present righteous actions. Sinners become saints, clay is turned into gold. 

This is good news for me. I means despite my previous disobedience to God, the door is open for me to return. The Father is waiting for the return of the prodigal. Now is the day of salvation.

Thank you Father that your mercy triumphs over judgement. Jesus, take my hand and lead me home. 
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

No comments: