Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Company of Princes

He lifts up the lowly from the dust,
from the dung heap he raises the poor
to set him in the company of princes
to give him a glorious throne.
1 Sam.2:8

After consecrating her son Samuel to God, Hannah exalts God for answering her prayer and giving her a son. Her exaltation is echoed in Mary's magnificat. Both women were lowly yet mightily blessed by God.

God is in the business of lifting people up out of dung heaps. This has been and continues to be my experience. Not only am I lifted up out of my sinfulness but I'm then placed in the company of princes. They are great company to be in.

I have just returned from a fortnightly prayer meeting with a group of men to whom I'm accountable. They are generous and noble men.  Truly, they are the company of princes. 

Thank you Jesus for the brotherhood I have my friends. Help me be a prince for them. 
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.



No comments: