Saturday, December 25, 2021

Oh Glorious Day

Indeed, from his fullness we have, all of us, received – yes, grace in return for grace, since, though the Law was given through Moses, grace and truth have come through Jesus Christ.
Jn.1:16,17

John's Gospel starts by shouting out the glorious news that God has come and dwelt among us. We have received further grace in place of grace already given through Jesus Christ.

The most powerful became the most weak and humble, God became a defenceless baby, born of a nobody Jewish girl in a nothing village in the backblocks of a defeated nation. Yet, he has changed the very course of history for all mankind. More wonderful yet, he has became my savior, my healer, my friend. 

Oh glorious day!

Thank you Jesus. You have rescued me, given me renewed hope, peace and joy.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.

 

No comments: