Friday, October 15, 2021

Set Free by Faith

When a man has nothing to show except faith in the one who justifies sinners, then his faith is considered as justifying him. And David says the same: a man is happy if God considers him righteous, irrespective of good deeds.
Rms.4:5,6

Paul underscores that our justification by God comes by faith in him alone.

Here it is again. That too good to be true good news. The mercy of God sets me free from my broken sinfulness. I don't have to earn his forgiveness, it is freely given to all who simply believe.

Christianity says let your good works flow from your forgiven-ness not let your forgiven-ness be earnt by your good works. And to affirm this state of grace I am given joy. A miserable Christian is an impossibility. Let joy be my hallmark today. 

I am forgiven. Alleluia!

Thank you Jesus for my unearned justification and joy. I place my trust in you.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.

 

No comments: