Thursday, October 7, 2021

Ask for Him

If you then, who are evil, know how to give your children what is good, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!’
Lk.11:13

Jesus is teaching his disciples. Having given them the Lord's Prayer he now teaches on persistence in prayer, especially in prayer asking for the Holy Spirit.

This verse is key on the Alpha Course Away Day, the part of the Alpha Course focusing on the who, what, why and how of the Holy Spirit. The question is put forward, how do I receive the Holy Spirit? The answer is ask for him. Ask, ask and ask again. 

This isn't a one off event. I'm in constant need of a fresh infilling of the Holy Spirit of God. 

Come Holy Spirit, refresh and refill me so I am never drained but work from you overflowing in my life. That Jesus may be glorified, come.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

No comments: