Saturday, October 2, 2021

Leave the Door Open

As by your will you first strayed away from God, so now turn back and search for him ten times as hard; for as he brought down those disasters on you, so will he rescue you and give you eternal joy.
Ba.4:28,29
The prophet Baruch comforts Jerusalem, promising a repentant people will again be blessed by a forgiving God.

God's wrath is always followed by God's mercy. The door is left open for a repentant heart. I've walked back through that door and experienced God's mercy. It is life changing and joy giving. The promise is eternal joy, for those extending mercy as well as those receiving. I need to leave the door ajar for those who have hurt me. 

Jesus, give me a naturally merciful heart so I may give and receive your eternal joy.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.

No comments: