Saturday, October 23, 2021

Life

If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, then he who raised Jesus from the dead will give life to your own mortal bodies through his Spirit living in you.
Rms.8:11

Paul expands on the work of the Holy Spirit. It is to give fullness of life to all who believe. 

Here is the Blessed Trinity at work. He (the Father) who raised Jesus (the Son) will give life through his Spirit (the Holy Spirit). And this life is what is on offer to all who believe. It's pretty compelling when I sit down and take it all in. 

Each day starts with a choice and it's the choice that matters, not how holy or spiritual I am. Today I choose life through the Spirit living in me. The first fruits of peace and joy a starting to grow already. Praise God!

Thank you Jesus for offering me the choice of life this morning. Be glorified in how I live out that choice today.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: