Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Amazing Grace

When law came, it was to multiply the opportunities of failing, but however great the number of sins committed, grace was even greater.
Rms.5:20

Saint Paul is highlighting that although the Law promises deliverance, the only available escape route from sin is the free gift of Jesus. 

Before becoming Christian, I remember wanting to live a good life, not hurt others, contribute to life. I was sincere but set up for failure. I kept doing bad things, injuring others and taking more than I gave. It was exhausting. 

The first fruit of my conversation was peace. I could stop striving. I no longer had to do it all on my own strength. I had a new friend and helper, someone who said' "Give it all to me. I'll carry it for you. And by the way, let me heal you in the process." Oh the relief.

That one word "grace" was new and liberating for me. I'm still unwrapping and unpacking the wonderous, freely given gift of grace. It continues to amaze me.  Thank you Jesus.

Jesus, your narrow way continues to be my escape route from failure. Thank you Lord for the gift of grace through faith in you. 
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.


 

No comments: