Sunday, October 31, 2021

Love God Love Others

You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: You must love your neighbour as yourself.
Mk.12:30,31

Jesus is answering a question, "Which is the first of all the commandments". His answer summarises all of the Law and the Prophets. Love God and love others.

Jesus' ministry on earth can be summarised in this way. All that he did and said meets these two criteria. Loving God and loving others. It follows that if I call myself a Christian, a follower of The Way, then I must do the same today.

Jesus, loving God and loving others gets difficult in the dust of daily battle. Help me keep one eye fixed firmly on you today so that I may love you and love others in all I say and do.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

 

 

No comments: