Saturday, October 9, 2021

Joy Comes in the Morning

‘Happy the womb that bore you and the breasts you sucked!’ But he replied, ‘Still happier those who hear the word of God and keep it!’
Lk.11:27,28

Jesus deflects adulation from the crowd by pointing out there is even greater joy than his and it's available to anyone. Simply hear God's word then keep it.

To hear I have to listen and to listen I need to clear away noise and to clear away noise I need to make a decision to do so. Morning prayer is a quiet time that allows me to hear God's word. No wonder my spirit is always lifted at the end it.

I've heard God's word this morning to make space in my day for him. Now I'll keep it and joy will be mine.

Thank you Jesus for your faithfulness. Morning by morning new mercies I see. Joy has come in the morning.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: