Thursday, October 28, 2021

No Accident

Jesus went out into the hills to pray; and he spent the whole night in prayer to God. When day came he summoned his disciples and picked out twelve of them; he called them ‘apostles’.
Lk.6:12,13

Jesus is establishing his core team for the ministry he is about to start. After a whole night of prayer, knowing all about their strengths and weaknesses, he chooses the twelve apostles.

There was deliberation in how Jesus picked the twelve. He knew what he was getting, from Peter the sand pile to Judas the traitor. Each would have had a purpose in Jesus' mind. Peter would become a rock, Judas would commit the greatest betrayal in history. There were no accidents, no surprises.

There's no accident in my role in Jesus' apostolic plan. Here I am, in a particular place at a particular time and I'm chosen. The chosen apostles slowly got their plan by hanging out with Jesus over three years. After the Jesus ascended it was the Holy Spirit who continued to guide them. That's where my plan is found, in hanging out with Jesus and with the Holy Spirit as my guide.

Holy Spirit, I know I am chosen. I know you have a plan for me. Help me be in the center of that plan today. 
Saints Simon and Jude, please pray for me. 

No comments: