Saturday, October 16, 2021

Empowered to Proclaim

Do not worry about how to defend yourselves or what to say, because when the time comes, the Holy Spirit will teach you what you must say.
Lk.12:11,12

Jesus is encouraging his disciples not to worry about acknowledging him before rulers and authorities as they won't be alone. The Holy Spirit will be with them teaching and guiding.

It wasn't until I acknowledged the real presence of the Holy Spirit as a person as real as Jesus that my faith became alive. I've experienced times when I've spoken, or led a song and afterwards wondered, where did that come from? It wasn't from me, it was from God. 

Jesus is reminding me again that I am never alone. His promise is the Holy spirit will always be with me, especially at those times when I am lifting Jesus up before men.

Holy Spirit flow 
Lead us in Your will 
Empowered to proclaim 
Holy Spirit flow 
Oh flow through us

Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.

No comments: