Friday, October 8, 2021

Division is Disaster

Every kingdom divided against itself is heading for ruin, and a household divided against itself collapses.
Lk.11:17,18

Jesus is answering accusations of gaining his deliverance power from Satan. He refutes this by pointing out a universal truth... division heralds disaster. 

Any enterprise starts with a team possessing a common vision, goal and purpose. Replace common with disparate and the enterprise collapses.  

What projects am I currently involved in? Alpha at my parish. My work place. Most importantly my family and my marriage. All of these require unity of purpose to succeed. My role in each must be an agent of unity. This works out differently for each enterprise but the result is the same... a strong kingdom, a successful household.

Jesus, help me be an agent of unity, especially in my marriage and family, that our household will stand.
Saint Philip Neri please pray for us.

No comments: