Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Dead Man Brought Back to Life

Offer yourselves to God, and consider yourselves dead men brought back to life; you should make every part of your body into a weapon fighting on the side of God.
Rms.6:13

Paul writes to the Roman Church encouraging them to be dead to sin and alive in Jesus to fight the good fight.

Life is a battle and a battle to the death. When I gave my life to Jesus I died to sin and was truly born again. I remember everything seeming new and fresh and clean. And of course, it was. I was a new born babe. 

I loose sight of this "born again-ness" when the the trials and troubles of the world overwhelm me. I'm looking out over a verdant paddock with dew sparkling in the yellow glow of a spring morning sunrise. Every looks clean, fresh, new... expectant. That's my life at the moment. New mercies I see. What a gift!

Jesus, I recommit my life to you. Thank you Lord for all you have done and all you are doing in my life.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

 

No comments: