Saturday, October 30, 2021

Love My Enemies

The Jews are enemies of God only with regard to the Good News, and enemies only for your sake; but as the chosen people, they are still loved by God, loved for the sake of their ancestors. God never takes back his gifts or revokes his choice.
Rms.11:28,29

Paul reminds the Church that the Jews will always remain loved and chosen by God. Yes, they opposed the Good News of Jesus but only so all pagan people would benefit by hearing and receiving it.

I have been an enemy of the Good News, in my pagan years up to my thirties and even since then, every time I sin. How wonderful that God never takes back the gift given to me at my infant baptism when I was welcomed into the family of God as a beloved son. 

I have family members who are also enemies in the same sense I have been. I am no superior to them. In fact I have a special duty towards them to tell them they are still chosen, still beloved.  

Jesus, help me be Good News to people today, especially my family.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: