Friday, March 29, 2019

Words

'To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and strength, and to love your neighbour as yourself, this is far more important than any holocaust or sacrifice.’ Jesus, seeing how wisely he had spoken, said, ‘You are not far from the kingdom of God.’   Mk.12:33

Jesus has just answered a Scribe who asked which of the commandments is the greatest. Love God and love others is Jesus' reply. The Scribe agrees and Jesus tells him he is not far from paradise.

The words above could be taken as Jesus' words, but they're not. They're spoken by the Scribe, one of a group normally opposed to Jesus. The Scribe is recognised by Jesus as one who has spoken wisely.

The words a man speaks says much about his heart. Today I should consider more carefully what I say. My words will either show me a fool or wise.

Lord Jesus, I want to be seen as wise by you. Help me change my heart so that what I speak will be pleasing to you.
Little Flower, please pray for me. 

No comments: