Friday, March 15, 2019

Mercy Triumphs over Judgement

If the wicked man renounces all the sins he has committed, respects my laws and is law-abiding and honest, he will certainly live; he will not die. All the sins he committed will be forgotten from then on; he shall live because of the integrity he has practised.    Ez.18:21,22

God announces through the prophet Ezekiel that wickedness is forgotten once a sinner repents and starts practicing righteousness.

Oh this is such good news. Fullness of life can be mine no matter what my past has been. The process is repent of my sins then practice virtue. Then fullness of life is mine.

This reminds me of the saying, "Good people don't get to heaven, only forgiven people do". Something essential and sacred happens when I confess. After a good confession, practicing virtue becomes a "want to", not a "have to".

Time to go see the man with the purple stole...

Lord Jesus,  I come to you and praise you, for your mercy triumphs over judgement. 
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: