Thursday, March 14, 2019

But wait... there's More!

Jesus said to his disciples, ‘Ask, and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you.    Mt.7:7

Jesus is giving his Sermon on the Mount, defining the life of a believer. He encourages asking, seeking, knocking to show faith is never static, is always pushing forward, always growing.

This Easter will mark thirty years since I was received into the Church. It was the result of me asking, seeking and finally knocking on the door of the Church. However, like the TV advertisement says... "But wait, there's more! It'll improve your marriage, it'll make you fly around!"

Well, maybe not the last boast but certainly there is more. This what makes my faith so exciting. There's never a time to sit back and say, "Well, I've got it all. That's all there is". There's always more. God is infinite and my understanding is very finite. Today is a good time to again ask, seek, knock.

Jesus, you know my laziness, my natural drift for the status quo. Rekindle the fire of my first love and insatiable thirst for you.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: