Saturday, March 2, 2019

Be a Child

I tell you solemnly, anyone who does not welcome the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.’ Then he put his arms round them, laid his hands on them and gave them his blessing.   Mk.10:15,16

Jesus has rebuked the disciples for preventing children from approaching him. He confirms again his preference for the weak and small by elevating children as a model for anyone who wants to enter the kingdom of God.

As I observe my grandchildren I am amazed at how early they start being naughty. From their first rebellious "No!" when they can first speak, original sin is there. But they have no malice, no pride. Their bad behaviour is over in a flash and they get on with life. They aren't intentionally bad and that's where their innocence lies.

There is much my grandchildren can teach me about humility and purity of heart. I need to be a good learner if I want to enter God's kingdom.

Lord Jesus, I want to be child-like so that you can put your arms around me, lay your hands on me  and bless me.
Little Flower, please pary for me.

No comments: