Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Lift me Up

The word of the Lord was addressed a second time to Jonah: ‘Up!’ he said ‘Go to Nineveh, the great city, and preach to them as I told you to.’ Jonah set out and went to Nineveh in obedience to the word of the Lord.    Jon:3:1-3

After being spewed up on the beach by a large fish, Jonah is given his marching orders a second time. This time he obeys.

When Jonah first heard God's command he ran away. In running from God Jonah went down to the coast, down into the bilge of a boat, down into the ocean depths and down into the belly of a whale. I see a constant here... down.

Once Jonah repents inside the whale his life takes a new direction, up onto the beach, up into Nineveh, up into the very palace of the king.

There's a lesson here. Don't run from God because that leads to disaster. Do be obedient to God as that leads to transformation and conversion. Speak Lord, your servant is listening....

Jesus, sometimes you call me to do what I'd rather not do. Help me trust you more at these times, knowing that you always want to lift me up, up, up....
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: