Tuesday, March 12, 2019

The Lord's Prayer

Your Father knows what you need before you ask him. So you should pray like this: ‘Our Father in heaven, may your name be held holy.....'    Mt.6:8,9

Jesus is teaching the disciples how to pray. He gives the Lord's Prayer as prayers finest example.

After a lifetime of atheism my ninety two year old mother had a conversion to Christ on her deathbed. I was privileged to witness her declaration of faith. She did it by reciting the Lord's Prayer.

What a beautiful first prayer for a new believer. She acknowledged God in heaven, calling his name holy, desired his kingdom come, asked him for sustenance, confessed her sins and asked for forgiveness, asked for protection from temptation and deliverance from Satan.

Jesus gave a great treasure when he gave us this prayer. It will be my mantra for today.

Thank you Jesus for the gift of your prayer. Help me live it out today.
Mum, please pray for me.

No comments: