Thursday, March 21, 2019

Generous Heart

Happy are they who have kept the word with a generous heart and yield a harvest through perseverance.    Lk.8:15

Today's Gospel acclamation is taken from Jesus' parable of the sower. The seed falling on good soil is the happy person who hears the word of God and is generous in applying it.

Happiness. We all seek it. Here we are given the way of obtaining it. Hear God's word and be generous in applying it.

My wife is good at generosity. She can cheerfully place an envelope stuffed with $20 notes under the windscreen wiper on the car of a needy family. The other night she organised for us to pray with a dieing man in our parish. It was the last thing I felt like at the end of a busy day at work. The man's wife was so grateful.

Lent is the perfect time to be generous in applying God's word. It's the time for a generous heart.

Lord Jesus, generosity doesn't come naturally to me. Help me change my hand from grasping to giving, then happiness is mine.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: