Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Prepare the way for The Way

John said, ‘I am, as Isaiah prophesied: a voice that cries in the wilderness: Make a straight way for the Lord.’
Jn.1:23
John the Baptist is quizzed by the Pharisees who are trying and discover if he is a threat. John tells them he is simply preparing the way for the greater one who is to come.

John the Baptist knew his role. It was simple and he stuck to it. People flocked to him because his message had the ring of authenticity. His humility was patently clear. His work was all about another. He was preparing the way for Jesus.

How much "preparing the way" do I do? Would the little I do cost me my head as it did John? Often my preparations are for the advancement of my plans. It's time for me to spend more time hearing the voice of one crying, "Prepare ye, prepare ye the way of the Lord!"

Lord Jesus, I want your path into my life to be less cluttered, less convoluted. Help me lower the mountains, fill the valleys, make your path straight.
John the Baptist, please pray for me.


No comments: