Thursday, January 17, 2019

Encouragement


keep encouraging one another so that none of you is hardened by the lure of sin, because we shall remain co-heirs with Christ only if we keep a grasp on our first confidence right to the end.Heb.3:13,14

We are warned against unbelief and commanded to encourage one another in our faith walk least our inheritance be lost as it was for the Hebrews in the desert.

A lost inheritance, a sobering thought. Something that was meant to give blessing and peace can slip through my fingers. The antidote is to be open and accountable to others encouragement.

I am fortunate to belong to two groups of men who do just that for me. Our weekly and fortnightly meetings are times of accountability and encouragement. I know that without them  I would be hardened by the lure of sin.

In turn, I can be an encourager to those I meet today.

Thank you Lord for the ‘Sons of Encouragement’ I have in my life. Help me keep confidence in my first love of you.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: