Friday, January 18, 2019

Authority

But to prove to you that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins,’ – he turned to the paralytic – ‘I order you: get up, pick up your stretcher, and go off home.’ And the man got up, picked up his stretcher at once and walked...Mk.2:10-12

Jesus is preaching to crowds in a house so full that friends of a paralytic have to lower him to Jesus through a hole they made in the roof. Jesus first forgives the man his sins and then heals him to demonstrate his authority.

Father John Ray says his healing ministry is secondary to his preaching the Good News about Jesus. Healing demonstrates authority. As Jesus inferred, healing is the more dramatic demonstration but forgiveness of sins is more important.

I'm praying for healing for family members at the moment and healing from back pain for myself. But how is my forgiveness account with God? Time to shorten the account.

Lord Jesus, please forgive me my sins. Thank you for your healing power at work in my life. I claim your authority over my back and over the ailments of my family members, that you may be glorified.
Little Flower, please pray for me.




No comments: