Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Meaning and Purpose

May the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ enlighten the eyes of our heart that we may see how great is the hope to which we are called. Eph.1:17,18

Paul entreats the Ephesian Church to know how great is the hope given to believers.

“Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose.” Victor Frankl.

Meaning and purpose are other words for hope. In Nazi concentration camps Victor Frankl watched men without hope die and those with hope survive unspeakable horrors. Hope is the great calling of Christians. A hopeless Christian is an impossibility.

No matter my circumstances, and life is full of highs and lows, no matter my circumstances I will always have hope in the promises of Jesus. Today is only shadowlands compared to the glories to come. From this hope springs joy.

Today I am a man of hope and joy, an authentic witness for Jesus.

Thank you Lord Jesus for the hope you give that gives meaning and purpose to my day. Help me pass this hope on to others in my day.
Little Flower, please pray for me.




No comments: