Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Man and God

It was essential that he should in this way become completely like his brothers so that he could be a compassionate and trustworthy high priest of God’s religion, able to atone for human sins. That is, because he has himself been through temptation he is able to help others who are tempted.
Heb.2:17,18

The writer of Hebrews is explains who Jesus is, both fully man and fully God. This is critical to his mission of salvation.

One of the earliest heresies was the teaching that Jesus was God only and not man. It took a council of the Church to reiterate what had been said in Hebrews, he is fully man and fully God.

Each time I wrestle with sin I come back to this truth. Jesus, you have been here, you know what it is like for me, you can help me.

Lord Jesus, when I fall to temptation I turn to you who was tempted but didn’t fall. Thank you for your compassion. Your help Gives me strength and courage to try not to sin again.
Saint Augustine, please pray for me.

No comments: