Thursday, January 3, 2019

A Passionate Lover

Seeing Jesus coming towards him, John said, ‘Look, there is the lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world. This is the one I spoke of...  
Jn.1:29
John the Baptist is underscoring who Jesus is by pointing and declaring to all present. From this stage onwards John becomes less as Jesus becomes more. John's role as a prophetic voice preparing the way for Jesus has been accomplished.

We all have a role to play in declaring who Jesus is. Some are preachers and teachers, others prophets, others witnesses and still others martyrs. And me? What is my role?

Last year I taught Scripture Journaling at a men's retreat. Last Sunday I taught children at Children's Liturgy. Am I a teacher? I think effective teachers are those who have a passion for their subject and a love for those they are teaching. When I tick both those boxes I'd say yes, I am a teacher.

I am also a husband, father and grandfather. When I have a passion for Jesus and a love for those I'm husbanding and fathering I'd say yes, I am an effective husband and father pointing towards Jesus.

The key to being an authentic witness to who Jesus is seems to be passion and love. May I be a passionate lover to those I meet today...

Jesus, you are the source of my passion, love and joy. Help me be a passionate lover pointing to you today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: