Thursday, January 31, 2019

No Secrets

And he said to them, “Is a lamp brought in to be put under a basket, or under a bed, and not on a stand? For there is nothing hidden but it must be disclosed, nothing kept secret except to be brought to light. If anyone has ears to hear, let him listen to this."   Mk.4:22

Jesus is teaching the crowds in parables. He is the light that exposes all secrets, both good and evil.

It is both disconcerting and comforting to know that for Jesus there are no secrets, nothing is hidden.  There are things in my life I'm ashamed of. There are also hidden things that I know would give him pleasure.  There is injustice in the world, oppression of the weak, evil appears to prosper.

All this is known to God. I can leave judgement up to him. Regarding myself, I am totally reliant on his mercy. This should form a merciful attitude in me to others.

Lord Jesus, you know the hidden things in my life. Lord, I rely on your mercy. Help me be merciful to others.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: