Thursday, January 24, 2019

Rejoice and be Glad

O let there be rejoicing and gladness for all who seek you. Let them ever say: ‘The Lord is great’, who love your saving help.Ps.39:16

The psalmist sings of the great joy that belongs to all who seek God.

People who are glad are fun to be around. I know at my work today I won't see much "rejoicing and gladness". Why? Because those I work with don't seek God. There's a God-space within them but they don't actively seek to fill it.

Rejoicing and gladness, that deep lasting joy, is a gift from God to those who seek The Way, to those who seek his son Jesus.

The world is in desperate need of more rejoicing and gladness. Rejoicing and gladness are mine to share today.

Lord Jesus, how beautiful that even simply seeking you brings its own joy. Help me radiate your joy to those I meet today.
Little Flower, please pray for us.

No comments: