Thursday, January 10, 2019

Mission Statement

He then rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the assistant and sat down. And all eyes in the synagogue were fixed on him. Then he began to speak to them, ‘This text is being fulfilled today even as you listen.’Lk.4:20,21

Jesus has just read from Isaiah his mission statement. Good news to the poor, liberty to captives, sight to the blind, freedom to the downtrodden. His focus was and is for those at the bottom of the heap.

This is the mission of the Church today. If I claim to be a member I need to get up with the program.

The Alpha course is definitely Good News and those who have yet to fully know who Jesus is are definitely poor in spirit. Meanwhile, I can still watch out for captives, blind and downtrodden, those at the bottom of the heap. They are my ministry today.

Lord Jesus, give me your spirit so I can love those whom you love.
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: