Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Hear and Do

And looking round at those sitting in a circle about him, he said, ‘Here are my mother and my brothers. Anyone who does the will of God, that person is my brother and sister and mother.’Mk.3:34,35

Jesus' family have heard he his so occupied with ministering to the crowds that he is not even eating. Thinking him losing his mind, they came to take charge of him. Jesus uses the moment to illustrate a new relationship that exists between God and those who do his will.

Imagine my family wrongly thinking I was mad. How lonely it must have been for Jesus to have even his family not get who he was and what he was about. Yet even this low point is not by-passed without a teachable opportunity.

This lesson speaks to me.  I can be a brother to Jesus. Hear his words, do his will and bingo!.... I'm family.

Jesus, thank you for offering this invitation to be family, to be your brother. Help me Lord to do your will.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: