Monday, January 14, 2019

Speak Lord

He has spoken to us through his Son, the Son that he has appointed to inherit everything and through whom he made everything there is.Heb.1:2

The writer to the Hebrew Church highlights how God has spoken to us not just through prophets but through his very own Son, the same Son who is co-creator of all there is.

I have an image of creation where Jesus is leaping around the earth excitedly directing the Father's creative genius. "Dad, Dad! Push your thumb into this coastline to create a large bay where Mike can be refreshed and his spirit lifted". And the Firth of Thames is created with its Pohutukawa coastline and beautiful bays.

God indeed speaks to me through what he and his Son have created. My first revelation of God the Father came as I looked through the fresh thin skin and veins of a vibrant green spring leaf with a morning blue sky as background. I see the fingerprints of God everywhere.

I can see, I can "hear" God in the creation I move through today.

Lord, thank you for this beautiful land you have given me to live in today. Speak Lord, your servant is listening.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: