Saturday, January 12, 2019

Lay Claim

‘A man can lay claim only to what is given him from heaven. ‘You yourselves can bear me out: I said: I myself am not the Christ; I am the one who has been sent in front of him'.Jn.3:27,28

John the Baptist's disciples report to him that Jesus is now baptising and that crowds are now going to him. John discerns that his God given mission has now ended.  He responds with great joy and graciously bows out.

All that is before John now is imprisonment and beheading at the whim of a tyrant. Yet of him Jesus says there has be no one greater born of man. John's greatness came from knowing his heaven-sent mission and sticking to it.

Laying claim to what is given from heaven is the key. Anything else is simply dust. What has been given to me from heaven? What is it that I am called to prepare the way?

Lord Jesus, you have plans for me that are for my good. Reveal them to me I pray that I may lay claim to them.
Little Flower, please pray for me.



No comments: