Thursday, September 1, 2022

Clean Hands Pure Heart

Who shall climb the mountain of the Lord? Who shall stand in his holy place? The man with clean hands and pure heart, who desires not worthless things.
Ps.23:3,4

David defines what is the character of the man who is close to God, a man with clean hands and a pure. heart.

David's character reference is both simple and profound. Every man knows what unclean hands and an impure heart are. Usually they involve sexual sin. The desires of the heart always guides the work of the hands. 

The good news is this is the key to the antidote. The heart's desires can be controlled and directed. With practice and God's help, good thinking habits can replace the bad... starting today.

Jesus, I cringe when I remember you know the thoughts of my heart. Help me purify my heart that my hands may always be clean before you.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

No comments: