Thursday, September 22, 2022

Life is Short

Make us know the shortness of our life that we may gain wisdom of heart. Lord, relent! Is your anger for ever? Show pity to your servants.
Ps.89:12,13

Psalm 89 is attributed to Moses, a man of God. He identifies knowledge of our mortality as a sign of wisdom. Being aware of the shortness of this life makes us keep a firm eye on eternity and where we want to spend it.

I'm approaching retirement, a major cross road after fifty years of paid employment. Surely this is a time to reflect on my shortness of life. Thank God I follow him who has conquered death and promises eternal life. 

Jesus, you are my hope, my peace, my joy. I step into today knowing yes, my life here is short but my life with you is eternal.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

No comments: