Thursday, September 15, 2022

Pssst... Have you heard the Good News?

I taught you what I had been taught myself, namely that Christ died for our sins, in accordance with the scriptures; that he was buried; and that he was raised to life on the third day, in accordance with the scriptures; 
1Cor.15:3,4

Paul reminds the Corinthian Church what the Good News is that they had been taught so they will not stray or be persuaded by other false teaching.

It's good to be reminded of what the Gospel, the Good News, actually is. It's not long or complicated. Jesus died for my sins, he was buried and he rose again on the third day. This simple truth is the rock on which I build my Christian faith. It's the ultimate Good News that is worth telling others so they also may be set free. 

Thank you Jesus for paying the price of my sins and setting me right with God the Father. Holy Spirit set a fire within me to tell the Good News to others.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: