Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Keep on Swimming

I did the planting, Apollos did the watering, but God made things grow. Neither the planter nor the waterer matters: only God, who makes things grow.
1Cor.3:6,7

Paul decries the groups forming in the Corinthian Church, saying it shows immaturity. The only thing that is worthy of effort and attention is God who is the one who is actually doing all the planting and nourishing of faith. 

The genius of the Alpha Course we are currently running is that it meets people no matter where they are at in their faith walk. The mature believer is refreshed and renewed, you could say watered. The Unchurched have the seed of faith planted. It matters not whether planting or watering is happening. It all comes from God.

There is a peace that comes from not worrying about what is happening in a person's faith walk. Trusting that somehow God is at work means it's his business not mine. I'm just to keep on doing my allotted work. As Dory says in Finding Nemo, just keep on swimming.

Jesus, you know how I can worry about things that are not really my responsibility to worry about. I release these back into your loving arms, freeing up my arms to do the specific work you are calling me to do.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: