Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Sign of His Love

Yes, God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not be lost but may have eternal life.
Jn.3:16

Today is the feast of The Exaltation of the Holy Cross and the Church chooses to include the most famous verse of scripture. Why? Because it reveals God's game plan the most succinctly.

This reminds me of the bumper sticker I saw a few months ago reading, "Yes, Jesus loves you but I'm his favourite." There's truth in the joke. Yes, Jesus died for all but that also means he died for me. God loved me so much that he gave his only Son, so that I who believe may not be lost but have eternal life. 

Jesus, your death on the cross is the ultimate sign of your love for me. Thank you Lord.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me. 

No comments: