Wednesday, September 21, 2022

He Invites Me - I Invite Him

As Jesus was walking on, he saw a man named Matthew sitting by the customs house, and he said to him, ‘Follow me.’ And he got up and followed him. While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew’s house, many tax collectors and sinners came and ate with him and his disciples.
Mt.9:9,10

Jesus calls Matthew the tax collector to follow him. Matthew immediately responds, leaving his livelihood, his former way of life and inviting Jesus into his home. To everyone's surprise, Jesus accepts the invitation.

Matthew did more than follow Jesus, he invited Jesus into his very life. Jesus then responded to Matthew's invitation, boots and all. That seems to be how conversion works. Jesus invites me. I invite him. I accept him for who he is, man and God. He accepts me for who I am, saint and sinner.

This is a daily process, starting today.

Jesus, I invite you into my life today. Be my companion and guide.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.



No comments: