Saturday, September 10, 2022

Start Digging

Everyone who comes to me and listens to my words and acts on them – I will show you what he is like. He is like the man who when he built his house dug, and dug deep, and laid the foundations on rock; when the river was in flood it bore down on that house but could not shake it, it was so well built. 
Lk.6:47,48

Jesus warns that calling him Lord is not enough. We are to listen to him and then act on what we hear.

Jesus acknowledges that floods will come, the storm will be unleashed, hard times will happen. How to survive the storms is his focus. He shows how the good foundations required are to be built...  by listening to him and then acting according to what I hear. 

The best way for me to listen to him is to read his word and receive his sacraments. Both are available for me today. Time to start digging...

Thank you Jesus for the gift of your word in sacred scripture. Thank you Jesus for Holy Mass. I build my foundation on you.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: