Friday, April 1, 2022

Time's Up

They would have arrested him then, but because his time had not yet come no one laid a hand on him.
Jn.7:30

Jesus not only claims sonship with God but accuses the Jewish leaders of being far from the father. Despite their malice and anger they did not arrest him as his "time had not yet come".

There's a time for every purpose under heaven. There are seasons. I'm mindful of this as a dear friend has just received the dreaded news that her illness is incurable and fatal. She's the same age as me. Why her and not me? Because it's not yet my time. My time will surely come, we are all dying, but not yet.

Keeping one eye firmly on heaven puts these things in perspective. While I sweat over plus or minus a few years, eternity stretches out infinitely before me. Eternal heaven or eternal hell. That is where I need to place my energies and concerns. Making sure I get there and as many of my loved ones as well when my time is up.

Lord Jesus, my times are in your hand. I place my trust in you.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: